Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oishi des...

I don't feel like I am sitting on the wayside anymore living a life who's heart beats just to stay alive. My heart beats for a passion...
-Lara, Passions?
When I look at the new world around me, I wonder how I got here - how did I meet these people? how did I put this together? how am I doing this? I realize it is my heart that beats for a passion burnt in it - though sometimes the vision is unclear, the wheels continue to turn and my feet continue to climb.

It is for the Glory of Father, for the sharing in His Joy, that I seek this with all my heart. Whatever this crazy thing is, in the world of music, in the pursuit of missions - that which is making Christ famous. All of this together.

I was reading in Haggai last night and came upon powerful words from the Lord which said..

Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. 6 You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough; you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes. 7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. 8 Go up to the hills and bring wood and build the house, that I may take pleasure in it and that I may be glorified, says the Lord. 9 You looked for much, and behold, it came to little. And when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why? declares the Lord of hosts. Because of my house that lies in ruins, while each of you busies himself with his own house. 10 Therefore the heavens above you have withheld the dew, and the earth has withheld its produce. 11 And I have called for a drought on the land and the hills, on the grain, the new wine, the oil, on what the ground brings forth, on man and beast, and on all their labors.

This reminds me of the indesctructible joy that can be had when running after Father, and living our lives passionately for Him. How filled can we be when we surrender to HIS glory and HIS riches and HIS purpose!

I am excited beyond belief about my friends who've inspired me in my walk with Father. The Fatal Formality guys who are all about starting a Red Riot (red representing the blood of Jesus - NOT communism) are headlining a show at the DOOR in Plano this Friday. Headlining. For those that don't know the lingo, that means they're IT! Beautiful thing about them is that no matter who they're playing with, where they're playing, they ALWAYS preach the Gospel and encourage Believers to not just sit on they're pews but to ACT. They seek out relationships with the kids, they pray with them, they count conversations rather than sales. They've radically stirred my heart for Jesus. So this Friday... May the Name of Christ be made Famous

0 thoughts: