Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Change the World

I've been alive long enough to start detecting patterns throughout the years and seasons. For example, I've noticed that I become OCD-istically organized in the fall when classes are about to start. In the winter I go through a kind of nostalgia and maybe even a depression. When the spring comes around I'm full of life and eager to finish the school year. As summer rolls around, however, its a different theme.

It's this time of year that I feel so free and so able to conquer and change the world. I rediscover my youth and vigor! I set goals and am determined to accomplish them. I have strong desires to be useful for the betterment of humanity and the spread of the Gospel. I fall more and more in love and passionate about life and freedom and Jesus, and I want to do something radical to change this place!

I'm rollin back with the Diehards since I went to Nashville, and it's been sweet. I want to bring back prayer among my community. I want to actively be furthering His kingdom globalocally. I want to be making Christ known. Ahh! And another thing - I'm going to cook! This summer I'm going to cook. Tonight i'm buying groceries. And during the week, I'm not eating out or getting fast food. It's pocket-draining and unhealthy. Wise choices. Travel. Adventure. Risky decisions. I just contradicted myself. Whatever, have fun!

1 thoughts:

Sarah Michelle said...

I am so blessed to have you in my life. And in the fall, you can still be organized, but you're going to have to maintain the crazy ambitions so that we can change the world when i get back.
And not just dieharding, but living intentionally. you dig?