Tuesday, February 19, 2008

In recent days and weeks the Spirit has presented me with new challenges, all of which I have faced in the past but I forget or I'm lazy or outright disobedient and don't follow through. Sometimes I do obey and it results in well.. obedience to the Father. Tonight at the Fount (the gathering of the South zones college home groups) Brandon (our area pastor) will be discussing Missional living in relation to the coming of Christ. As I read through the scriptures he will be discussing I found myself overwhelmed by questions that are not just directed to Christians in general but convicting my soul as well.



"And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to asll nations, and then the end will come." (matt 24:14) Do we even hear what that means? Do we realize what the words that Jesus is uttering are saying?! Think about Romans 8:19.



"For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God."



Are we crying out with creation? Are we eagerly longing for Christ?? Why isn't there a greater urgency in our hearts? Why doesn't this echo louder in my spirit? Or does it? And if it does, do I repress it? I think I do sometimes. I muffle the call to "go" or to "speak." It is because I'm insecure, I am afraid of the unknown. Do we love our comfort more than we love the Gospel?



"For am I seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Gal 1:10)



Meditate on that for a moment.



What is this saying to me?



Lara said: "And why are we living? Do we truly believe this or do we just add this to our life? Or is this our life?"

0 thoughts: