Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Simple Pleasures

Over the last ten years I have discovered that one of the things I find the most fascinating in creation is the art of Language. Screw all the people that got pissed at the collapse of the Tower of Babel. Language is one of my favorite things in the world.

I am very excited (and cross-eyed) at the fact that I have taken it upon myself to actually LEARN Japanese. I was going to settle for taking a class at UTD, but to my dismay, UTD is not offering BEGINNER'S Japanese I. It is only offering INTERMEDIATE Japanese I this semester. Well, friends, I don't know ANY Japanese, but where there's a will, there's a way, right?

Indeed, Damaris.

Well, there's a will right here that isn't giving up. I've found me a good book and a good iPhone App that have turned out to be very helpful in pronounciation and memorization. I am very excited that I'm actually LEARNING the language on my own. Really excited.

Well, maybe that is all for today. I am a happy person. :)

0 thoughts: