Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Girls

This week has been different than other weeks because of my "new adventure". Definitely something I haven't done in the past. Nannying. I'm not new to childcare. Let's say I have more experience running a class of nine 2-yr-olds or fourteen 3-yr-olds. It's a little different when it's 2-on-1. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to learning as I go.

This second job is definitely an answered prayer. I find it quite amazing, yet not surprising, how God always comes through just at the right times, and many times, in different very creative ways. :) Indeed I am amazed.

Also this week, a beautiful friend of mine visited with me for two days and a half days. I absolutely adore this girl. We met briefly in Germany 3 years ago and have become good friends over the course of time. Of course, because we live far from each other, most of our conversations have been either on-line or via phone. However infrequent our talks were, they were always deep and rich, encouraging words and shared burdens. I have loved each of these chats and after two years of not seeing each other, we finally met again! :) It brought me so much JOY to see this Micah Mathis. God blessed me with her company!

I'm thankful that I was able to share some of the unspoken of parts of my heart, insecurities we all share as girls, but we never show. Do you ever wonder what we are so afraid of? We fear our closest friends and even ourselves, our own minds and our own hearts? We build shells so thick we can't even get in! I've been thinking about these things recently, and I only pray that Father shows me how to love girls the way He loves them, and to love MYSELF the way He loves ME! Isn't it strange... Instead of princesses dancing with delight, we have become crazies twirling with confusion! I twitch at the thought.

0 thoughts: