Friday, August 21, 2009

don't be a grouch

It's been a strange and different week with a series of obstacles and triumphs and learning experiences I hope will only bring me closer to Father.

The week started out with my first surgery ever, which involved the removal of cysts from my left breast. I'm not going to lie, this has been going on all summer... some moments were scarier than others. When you find lumps that should not be in your body IN your body.. it can cause your little heart to beat faster than normal. So I have been recovering from these things this week and I am grateful for my health.

This week also included tough heart lessons. I guess you could call this a form of spiritual surgery. Learning to see the pride and jealousy in myself and learning how to face those awful diseases. As a woman, it is easy to quickly become a monster, and that is that last thing I want to become since I am a Daughter of the Most High. How must I walk? How should I live? Teach me to serve and put others first before me, Father. This is Father disciplining me as the author of Hebrews writes in Ch. 12.

The God that I serve is an "all consuming fire"; He is a "tempest"; a "blazing fire that cannot be touched". I love all these descriptions of Father. I love that the kingdom that I have received, as an heir of Christ, "cannot be shaken". (hebrews 12)

Finally, school started again. I am very excited but I'm also so so ready to be done. I am feeling my age when I realize that this year I will be 23. Now.. if any older people read this, don't be grouchy at me. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I want to stay young. SIGH

Not 23... please not 23. Can I stay 19 instead? Or 21?? 21 isn't too bad. Just not 23...

0 thoughts: