Thursday, March 6, 2008

Surely the majority of humanity is like me. Whether it's a thunderstorm, snow, whatever, I simply want to be home. I really enjoy the rain. I enjoy the sound of light hail. I appreciate the small amounts of snow we get in Texas every now and then. But when it comes around, I don't want to sit properly at a desk in heels while watching this happen outside. I prefer curling up on a couch with a blanket and some hot cocoa. Okay, maybe not hot cocoa. Maybe a latte. Or just coffee with the perfect amount of creamer and the right spoonfuls of sugar. There is a thing I like about my office view. I love watching the rain as it falls and indecisively circles on the parking lot. The countless ripples created by each rain drop coexist gracefully on the cement. Some people laugh at me and might think I'm a freak for finding the romance in everything. I sometimes laugh at myself too.

As I type I hear the wind, and I'm not sure where the sound comes from or how it's created. The wind just blows outside, and dances through the trees, creating a music of its own. The cars rushing on the water making a sound that seems to be an applause to the natural world which puts our man-made world on hold.

Hope roads are safe for everyone today.

0 thoughts: