Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here I Come...

It’s hard to believe that after these three nights, I will finally be on my way to another foreign land… the land of the rising sun. After two summers of watching others go and feeling left behind, but also knowing my place and task here in America, I am on the brink of something huge!

It has been a challenge to stay in America for so long, but I believe that in these two years that my heart has yearned to go, Father has been teaching me perseverance. Perseverance in the Word. Perseverance in prayer. Perseverance in obedience. Perseverance in that which is done “missionally” overseas should be done here too. He has opened my eyes to see my own home and my own country through His eyes. The eyes Christ had when he mourned over Jerusalem.

Three more nights. Then Japan.

I will only be there for two weeks. That is enough for Father to wake my senses and rekindle a fire that has long been fighting for life. I know I am going to fall in love with this country. I know I am going to fall deeply for this people. I can tell so many things will occur from experience, but there is still so much mystery, so much unknown. There is so much that I don’t know to expect!

I am praying for specific things. I am praying for the Japanese believers there that have recently begun to follow Christ. I am praying for specific ones who haven’t yet followed but Father is calling them. I am praying for mornings in which I will pick up coffee in the same place, I pray there for divine appointments. I pray for lasting friendships. I pray for the servants that are there long-term making Father famous.

Please join me in prayer as I go. I can’t wait to keep you updated while I’m there.

0 thoughts: